May I cut firewood on County administered land?

Carlton County Land Department Firewood Sales Policy

The Land Department does not identify areas where firewood may be available and does not set up firewood sales.

From time to time Landing Cleanup Permits or Salvage Wood permits are issued on a first come, first served basis. A contact list is not maintained.

To report an area with dead/down wood, contact the Land Department at 218-384-9179.

The DNR does set up firewood sales. Contact the Cloquet Office of DNR Forestry at 218/878-5642.

Show All Answers

1. Does your Department have topographical maps for sale?
2. Does your Department have aerial photos?
3. May I hunt on public lands in Carlton County?
4. Where are public lands in Carlton County located?
5. How do I access public lands?
6. Can I access landlocked property along a section line?
7. What are the rules about deer stands on public lands in Carlton County?
8. What may I cut or clear to create a shooting lane?
9. Are Hunting Cabin Leases available in Carlton County?
10. Can Hunting Cabin Leases be sold?
11. Can I camp on tax-forfeited land?
12. Can I drive an ATV on County forest roads and trails?
13. Is it possible to obtain an easement over County administered land?
14. May I cut firewood on County administered land?
15. Can I cut a Christmas Tree from tax-forfeited land?
16. Does your Department have GIS data?
17. Will the Land Department run boundary lines on private land?
18. Are there Public Parks in Carlton County?