MN Early Childhood Initiative/Child Network
A community of children and families growing, learning, and thriving.
Working together with families to support and strengthen prenatal parenting, and early childhood development.
The Minnesota Early Childhood Initiative is a local, regional and statewide effort to:
- Educate citizens about the first five years of rapid brain development that forms lifetime personalities, social skills and learning capacity.
- Promote parents and families as the primary and most important caregivers of young children, and foster the concept that nurturing and educating young children should be also embraced by entire communities.
- Help community coalitions create a shared vision and plan of action around the care and education of young children and their families.
- Provide training, financial and technical assistance and resource / referral services in order to implement quality community-based opportunities for young children.
- Connect with other early childhood-focused communities statewide.
- Promote and advance local, state and national public policy which supports quality care and education for our youngest citizens.
- To create and promote “one voice” around the issue of early care
- To speak for those who cannot