The mission of the Carlton County Jail is to provide safe, secure, and lawful confinement to all individuals incarcerated in the jail. Order will be maintained through effective management, a clean facility, and justice based programs that are administered in a cost-effective manner to provide the highest degree of public safety for Carlton County citizens.
The following is information designed to alert you of what to expect during incarceration and to eliminate confusion about the jail procedures and services.
Visiting hours are from 1 to 5 p.m. for male inmates and from 6:30 to 10 p.m. for female inmates on Tuesday and Saturday, in addition to the Holidays of Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Easter. Occasionally, inmates will be placed on special status and will have a different schedule than above. Efforts will be made to communicate that to visitors.
- In order to provide visitation for all, non-contact visits are limited to 30 minutes for each inmate, a total of two people per inmate.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in the jail unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Official visitors (lawyers, clergy, police officials, etc.) are permitted to visit an inmate during any reasonable time of the day, excluding meal time and sleeping hours. No visitors between the hours of 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Visitors must have picture identification
- The only articles that can be brought to the jail by family or friends are: money and one set of clean clothes. All personal property will remain in their property bin, not in their cell.
- No materials can be exchanged during visitation (letters, notes, etc.) Letters must be mailed through the U.S. Post Office incoming and outgoing mail.
- Property can be released by the inmate if desired. The inmate has to submit a property release form by 3 p.m. The property can be picked up between 4 and 6 p.m. by someone with a photo Iidentification.
- No weapons, cell phones, food, drink, or any other recording devices are allowed in the visiting room. If caught, that visitor will no longer be eligible to visit for the remainder of that stay..
- Visiting room will be monitored. Visiting phone calls will be monitored and recorded.
- Parking is available on the north and south side of the Carlton County Jail.
GUARDIAN RFID® helps jails of all sizes maximize defensibility, compliance, and operational efficiency by managing, monitoring, and tracking in-custody inmates in real-time. Exclusively endorsed by National Sheriffs’ Association, GUARDIAN RFID is deployed by jails of all sizes throughout the United States.
Inmates are required to wear non-implantable devices at all times. Any incident of non-compliance will not be tolerated. Inmates will be subject to fines and disciplinary action, including prosecution.
All systems and devices using RFID technology are designed, tested, and manufactured to comply with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations. RF energy levels generated are similar to those found in consumer electronics. Inmate-worn devices are hypoallergenic. RF-based inmate identification is the exclusive property of Carlton County Sheriff's Office.