First-Time Minnesota ID Card
- Present two acceptable forms of ID; at least one of these must be considered a "primary document." Most common forms of ID include:
- Primary Documents
- Certified Birth Certificate
- U.S. Passport
- Foreign Passport with proof of legal entry (I-94, I-551)
- Permanent Resident Card
- Employment Authorization Card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Secondary Documents
- Social Security Card
- Out-of-state ID card or driver's license
- School ID
- A complete list of acceptable forms of ID is available in PDF format under RELATED LINKS heading (right).
- Present any documentation that makes you eligible for limited mobility or reduced fee ID indicators.
- Take photo.