MOVING FROM MINNESOTA FROM ANOTHER STATE?
If you are moving to Minnesota from another State you will need to take the written test at an State Exam Station. We ARE UNABLE to process them in our office. Please see DRIVE.MN.GOV for State Exam Locations, Minnesota Drivers Manuals, or to schedule a test. To schedule an exam please call (651) 284-1234.
DHS Announces Extension of REAL ID Full Enforcement Deadline
Starting June 1st we will accept walk in customers until 4:15 pm. Beginning October 1, 2021 appointments are no longer necessary.
RENEWING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE OR ID?
- REAL ID
- Deadline has been extended to May 3, 2023
- DRIVER’S LICENSES AND ID’S
- Save time and pre-apply online. https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/Pages/default.aspx
- MOTOR VEHICLE/TITLE TRANSFERS/REGISTRATION RENEWALS
- Drop off and mail options are strongly recommended
- The Cloquet office will accept drop off and mailed tab renewals at 14 N 11th Street Suite 130, Cloquet, MN 55720.
- For drop off and mail options, you MUST include your renewal slip (or a note with ALL required vehicle info) AND insurance company name, policy number, full expiration date AND check or money order (no cash) and your phone number.
- DNR RENEWALS
- Drop off and mail options are strongly recommended--call our office for help with fees.
- The Cloquet office will accept drop off and mailed renewals at 14 N 11th Street Suite 130, Cloquet, MN 55720.
- For drop off and mail options, you must include your renewal card, phone number and check (no cash).
- DNR information number 800-285-2000.
- ATV Transfers / Renewals
- Auto Title transfers
- Boat Transfers / Renewals
- Disability Parking Certificates
- Duplicate License Plates/Tabs
- Duplicate Titles
- License Tab Renewals
- New vehicle registration
- Out-of-state vehicle registration
- Snowmobile Transfers / Renewals
- Special License Plate applications
- State ID Cards
See a list of requirements for obtaining an ID in Minnesota for the first time.
Understand how to renew your Minnesota driver's license.
See how to get an ID duplicate.
See requirements for a drivers instruction permit.
Review a list of fees for Driver's License, Identification Cards and other services.
View and download documents such as manuals and visual acuity forms.
See information on ATVs, Boats, and Snowmobiles.